The Pink Pad XL Kit
Item No.40595 – Advanced Trendelenburg Patient Positioning System with Standard One-Step Arm Protectors and Head Positioner
The Pink Pad XL offers the same superior Trendelenburg patient protection as the original Pink Pad, with greater surface area and a perineal cut out.
Patient sliding is the most dangerous aspect of Trendelenburg positioning — exposing the patient to potential skin shear and abrasion which may lead to further dermal breakdown. Sliding is even more daunting in robotic procedures where it can result in port trauma.
What sets the Pink Pad family of products apart is its ability to prevent unwanted patient movement safely and comfortably, protecting against pressure injury to nerves, skin and soft tissue… even with high-BMI cases.
Unlike other methods, the the Pink Pad eliminates the possibility of brachial plexus nerve injury by placing no pressure on the head, neck, or shoulders.
The Pink Pad is shape-conforming: perfectly molding itself to every contour to create a fit uniquely-formed to each patient. The breathable, open-cell material permits airflow to the skin while wicking away moisture, while the single-use design minimizes cross-contamination.
This patented, easy-to-use system features a set-up time of under a minute, saving valuable OR time.
Additional products like the One-Step Face Protector and Arm Protectors extend the protection provided by the Pink Pad. Select the ready-to-use kit that is right for your patient.
- Safely eliminates unwanted patient movement
- Soft, breathable shape-conforming material minimizes risk of HAPIs
- No pressure on head neck or shoulders eliminates chance of brachial plexus nerve injury
- Single-Use minimizes cross-contamination risk
- Minimal Set-Up and Ease of Use – Under 1 minute
- Replaces obsolete positioning devices that do not meet patient positioning demands of new advanced procedures. (i.e., gel, bean bag, shoulder restraints, braces, and tape)
- An advanced positioning system for use with gynecological, colorectal, urological, and general procedures in robotic, laparoscopic and open surgery
- Holds seven US patents and one European patent
- Maximizes patient safety while minimizing non-reimbursed care costs — avoid preventable injuries and CMS Never Events